Monday, August 19, 2013

I'm still here!

I'm still here! I'm probably more "here" than I have been in a few years!

I am still swimming. Two to three times a week, depending on my husband's shifts.

I am working out now in our company gym two days a week, and three if I can sneak it in. I'm lifting heavy and doing some BATATA training. I go in the slow times of the day, so every time I'm in there I get a personal training session pretty much. I have a gym pal, Carolyn who is a great support and good, healthy, competition! Funny thing seems to be that the more I work out, the more contagious is seems to be at work. More and more people are asking "hey, are you going to the gym today" and wanting to work out together! NICE!

I am working closely with the trainers on my nutrition. I'm eating between 1800-2000 calories a day. It's the first time I've been able to log my food and still feel in control and not all obsessive. It's also the first time that I realize I have to eat good quantities of food and not try to go with as little as possible to sustain myself. It was hard to get used to, the whole "eat more than 1200 to weigh less" but it seems to be working for me.

My body is feeling tighter and smaller although I'm not seeing great leaps and bounds on the scale. It'll come though. I feel so strong and am enjoying myself and my workouts!

3 comments:

Weighing Well said...

Glad you are still here! I just restarted! It's good to know some of the folks I followed a couple of years ago are still around!

LINIA said...

Happy to readthat working out is leading to you feeling better. Good for you!

Unknown said...

Just keep on going! The results might seem too slow in the making, but as long as you keep doing it, everything will pay off. You've already taken the first important steps. Now all that's needed is to stick to it. And you can. Good luck with your journey!

Fitness Together Hudson