Friday, April 13, 2012

A new personal best!

I do feel a bit silly posting about a new personal best when I've only been at this for a few weeks but if I'm anything, I'm silly! Today I swam 900 meters!!! That's an increase of 100 meters (back and forth across an Olympic size pool)! Considering my first swim I could only go for 600 meters, I'm simply pleased as punch with this accomplishment.

Ready for a nice mental picture...

The reason my distance has increased so greatly is that I've started using a snorkel. So yeah, I go in, swim cap, goggles and now a SNORKEL, for pete's sakes, and swim. In public. You know, where other people can SEE me. I haven't dared look at myself in the mirror in that get up for fear of a mental recall whilst swimming and inadvertently drowning myself in laughter

Being able to keep my head down in the water has changed the angle of my stroke, relieved the pressure on my neck and shoulders and just made the swim so much more enjoyable... and that's a lot considering I was loving it already.

I will not be able to go over the weekend due to Marco schedule but I'm already looking forward to dipping my toes back in the water.

Monday I will have my weigh-in. I'm hoping to wave goodbye to at least one pound, anything more than that is just an added bonus.

I hope you're all having healthy, successful weeks!

No comments: