Monday, March 12, 2012

Wowza I am pumped!

Good morning and happy Monday! Let's just cut to the chase here... I weighed in this morning and was happy to see I've broken the 270 threshold and am down to a svelte (hehe) 267.3 pounds (121.5 kilos). WOWZA! It's exciting in a few ones, in the "pounds" it's a barrier breaker, to be in the 60's but in the "kilos" it means I'm only 1.5 kilos away from being in the teens!

I've logged into My Fitness Pal every day and religiously logged my food and exercise and a few things have happened.

1) I'm keenly aware of what a tablespoonful is now. Talk about over estimation!
2) I can actually see where my "mistakes" have been made
3) I've regained that community feel of being part of something bigger in this world, and I'm not talking about my arse! Having somebody tell me "hey, I saw your food diary today, way to go" really can be an uplifting experience!

I've also managed to make peace with perfection (or inperfection), which, in terms of counting or logging foods, I've never been able to achieve. When I log in my lunch and see that I may go over my calorie suggestion for the day I don't panik and choose a totally low-cal, won't make me feel full, strict "diet" dinner (or worse, skip eating!). Instead, I eat what I had planned and just make mental notes for "next time". This, this accomplishment, I have to give the credit to Novarum. WOW. Really not beating myself up or panicking or freaking out or being super strict... I've just never ever been in that place in my entire life. The feeling of control and not needing to be 100% perfect when it comes to weight loss is so freaking fantastically liberating that I could spit.

So yeah, I'm in a good place right now. I've made some decisions and they're paying off. Well done me!

I hope you're all having healthy, successful weeks!
(going to try to post some pics soon!)

1 comment:

Lesli Renee said...

Way to go girl! I am on a weight loss journey myself. Your blogs are awesome. Good luck to you!